I have become vested in a personal mission: to significantly reduce honey bee colony mortality, especially in the Pacific Northwest. My tools come from personal experience, published research, and information from beekeepers, researchers, and gardeners. The mission has changed a lot over the years and I hope it will continue to evolve as new information comes to light.
Here are some current efforts:
- Committee member, teacher, and mentor for the Oregon Master Beekeepers.
- Board member for Tree Hive Bees.
- Co-founder of Nectar Bee Supply, which has now found an excellent new home (and store!) at Shonnard’s Nursery. I will continue to work with Jen, Mel, and the Shonnard’s team to build this education and service-oriented organization.
- Founder of the Bee a Hero project (coming soon).
- Board member for the Linn/Benton Beekeeper’s Association.
- Classes and consulting throughout Oregon.
Exciting news: I am scheduled to speak at the Oregon State Beekeeper’s Conference in 2015!
In the spring of 2015, I am taking several classes on the road. Keep an eye on the Apicurious website for information. I am often available to speak at clubs, conferences, and special events. Contact me for more information.
Thank you for your interest and support!
Karessa Torgerson, EAS Master Beekeeper